So, today I quit nursing Porter… cold turkey. I am a horrible mother, right? I feel so bad and he crawls to me crying and has a look on his face that asks, “Mom, why are you doing this to me?” I wanted to nurse him till he was one, but he has 4 teeth and nursing lately has been really painful! I cried while nursing this morning because of the pain I was in. I have been unsuccessful the past couple of months in getting Porter to take a bottle. However, today he drank from a hard-top sippy cup! He still won’t have anything to do with a bottle or a sippy cup that has a soft top. Even though he is drinking from a sippy cup he still cries quite a bit and wants me to nurse him. I cry with him sometimes. Hopefully we will both get through this together!

3 comments:
Weaning was an emotional month for me too. I basically cried for an entire month. :( But when all is said and done, you have to do what is best for the both of you. You are NOT a bad mom!!! A certain fb comment had me believing I was a bad mom for starting to wean. I hope it didn't get to you too. Cuz it's not true!!!
Thanks Cassie! I know which comment you are talking about from FB, and it did bother me for a bit but I am over it now. Porter is doing a lot better today (Monday) and I know he will eventually forget all about nursing. I just had to stop because he made me bleed!!! That is why it was so painful to nurse! Wish he wouldn't be a biter.
you're not a bad mom, jade! i'm considering doing the same thing with Lincoln. I have the same problem though, he won't take a stinkin' bottle. Don't worry about what anyone else says! I don't know who you and cass are talking about on FB but if it happens to be my brother tyson, just completely ignore him! He only says crap like that to get a reaction out of people. I never take him seriously.
Post a Comment