Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Just Waiting...

So, I had a doctor's appointment today and she asked me if I wanted to be checked to see if I was dilating since I've been having contractions. I thought about it and then decided not to be checked. I don't want to get my hopes up if I am dilating and I don't want to be disappointed if I'm not. Besides, either way it doesn't really matter if I am or not. With Indy I started dilating at 35 weeks and ended up going past my due date and having to be induced. Last week at 36 weeks I wasn't dilated at all. Next week she said she is going to check me not matter what, so we'll just wait till then. She also said that as long as I am dilating she'll induce me whenever I want after next week. But I think I want to wait it out and see if I go into labor on my own. I want to know what it feels like to call Devin at work and say, "Hurry home! We need to get to the hospital!" Or wake him up in the middle of the night to say it. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens! I hope Porter comes on his own soon because I am in tons of pain and am ready to be done. So, for now I am just waiting.

1 comment:

Shauny said...

lol yea I guess your right! when we have kids my blog will be more fun and for sure updated a ton more!