Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, January 28, 2010

He's Finally Here!

Porter Brigham Jones arrived into this world on Saturday January 23rd at 7:29 pm. He weighed 8 lbs 2 oz and was 20 1/2" long. We were so happy to finally meet him! He has really blonde hair that is kind of curly and although he looks huge in the pictures, he feels tiny to me! I guess it's because I compare him to Indiana. Well, I love hearing about other girl's birth stories so here goes mine for those of you who care. I was scheduled to be induced Wednesday the 27th, just one day before my due date, because I was in a lot of pain and felt like I could barely function. When I had my doctor's appointment on the 14th my doc said that I probably would have him before my next appointment on the 21st. Well, I made it to my appointment and then my doc said my cervix wasn't ripening at all and I wasn't really progressing, so I would probably have to be induced. Then on Saturday morning I woke up at about 6:30am with painful contractions. But they felt just like the ones I had been having for the past couple weeks. I kept having them about every 15 minutes. I had an appointment with someone at H&R Block for our taxes that morning at 9 and I debated whether I should go or not. Devin reminded me what the doctor had said and so we both figured I probably wasn't in labor. I went to my appointment and the contractions started getting stronger. By time I got home they were about 8 minutes apart, but I still didn't think I was in labor. By 11am they were getting really close together and were so strong and painful that I had tears in my eyes. I told Devin we should go to the hospital just in case. We called Devin's brothers so they could come watch Indiana for us. We got to the hospital at about 12 and they took a while to get us up to triage. I wasn't too happy about that. Once we got up there the nurse had me change into a gown and lie down on a bed. Right when she was about to check me to see how dilated I was my water broke, on it's own!!! I was dilated to a 5. We were pretty excited that I was actually in labor and we were going to have a baby that day! We called family members to let them know. I then asked when I could get my epidural because last time when I was in labor with Indy they had given it to me when I was only dilated to a 4. They said rules had changed and they had to draw my blood first, get the results back and then they could give me an epidural. They got me into a labor & delivery room to wait. The contractions were so painful and were right on top of each other. I was almost screaming in pain! I didn't hold back any tears though. Finally at about 3 pm I was able to get the epidural and I was then dilated to a 7. After that the labor was wonderful! I got to rest and watch movies with Devin. I did get a really bad stomache ache for the last part of my labor, but it was better than feeling contractions. At about 7:15 the doctor came in and I finally started pushing. Then at 7:29 my handsome little boy was born! I am so grateful my epidural worked and I was able to really enjoy the delivery. When I had Indiana I had been in labor for almost 32 hours with an epidural that didn't work for most of the time, so I didn't really enjoy it all that much. This time was wonderful! Below are some pics. Hope you enjoy them!











7 comments:

Toni Call said...

So glad you had a better experience this time around with Porter! He is so handsome. I'm so happy for you guys! Congrats!

L Billings said...

Good job guys! He is adorable! Is Indy loving him?

Cassie Jae said...

Cute!!! Congrats!! I can't wait to meet him! :]

Anonymous said...

The 23rd is my sisters birthday as well...so for sure I will never forget Proter's :-)
I am glad it all went great! and I can't believe that you still look that gorgious after so much pain and having a wonderful baby!
Congratulations!

Shauny said...

Soooooo Adorable! Congrats! Tell Lance Darron and I say HI, and we Miss him!

Ashley said...

Congratulations Jade! He is a keeper!

Cathy said...

I LOVE newborns! Would love to nuzzle him!! Congratulations! He's a cutie! I love his name!