This week was a week of transitions for our kids. We got Indy off of her sippy cup (which she was really, really attached to) and moved Porter from a crib to a twin size bed. I am really impressed at how well both kids did! I do have to confess though that we bribed Indiana with buying her a "Rapunzel" dress if she would only drink from cups. She jumped on that deal so quickly! After not even a full 2 days she stopped asking for her sippy. Now when she is thirsty she just asks for her cup, and sometimes a straw to go with it. We had tried taking her sippy cup away from her a few months ago and she had the hardest time. We decided to wait till she was older and we could reason with her more. Glad we did! Porter has been sleeping in his twin bed for 2 days now and NEVER even fussed or cried about it! We moved Indy to a twin bed when she was barely 14 months old and never had an issue either. I like doing it when they are younger because it seems to be easier on them. I have friends who wait till their children are older and the transition is hard. Their crib is a comfort for them and it's what they know. Porter will be 17 months old next week and I really wanted him out of his crib before 18 months, so I'm glad he had no problems switching. Yay for easy transitions!

No comments:
Post a Comment